Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
Just like Reese Peanut Butter Eggs.
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Butter Melted
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Dash Salt
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 10 - 12 oz. Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
1. Line 8 x 8 inch dish with parchment paper, leaving the paper overhang the sides so you can easily lift it later.
2. Stir together peanut butter, melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla and a dash of salt, just to combine.
3. Gradually mix in powdered sugar.
4. Press the mixture into prepared dish. Smooth the top with spatula or simply press it with your palms to flatten into about ½ inch thick layer.
5. Place it in the freezer until firm enough for cutting.
6. Line a tray with parchment paper, set aside.
7. Using egg shaped cookie cutter cut out the eggs or use any shape cookie cutter and place them on the tray. Place them in the freezer for 45-60 minutes.
8. Melt the chocolate and line another tray with parchment paper.
9. Using a fork, dip each egg or other shaped peanut butter cut out into melted chocolate to cover completely. Gently tap the fork to drip of the excess of chocolate. Place chocolate covered eggs on the parchment paper lined tray. Refrigerate until chocolate has set.
10. Store in the fridge or freeze for longer storage.
11. The number depends on the size of your cookie cutter. If you squeeze it into the cookie cutter you wont waste any. If you do use cookie cutter don't waste any batter, pick up leftovers, kneed, press with your palms and you will be able to cut out more